Sports Book Supervisor (Reno)
To assist and support the District Manager in the day to day business activities of a Sportsbook, focusing on delivery of Outstanding Service, which generates opportunities for increased turnover and profitability, whilst being an active promoter of the William Hill Brand.
Awareness of Management information to maximize profitability of the Sportsbook
- Agree and Deliver action plans with the District Manager to improve performance
- Review customer activity with District Manager on a regular basis, identifying non profitable business and customers impacting on profitability and adhering to Company procedures to protect the Sportsbooks profitability
- Ensure all Sportsbook teams are aware of customers impacting on profitability and that agreed actions are adhered to
- Ensure betting control guidelines are adhered to within the Sportsbook
- Resolve bet queries within agreed levels of authority and in a timely manner
- Manage all accountable costs, with particular emphasis on use of establishment hours
- Plan with District Manager and lead team participation in all promotional activity
- Actively support Sportsbook Development Strategy
- Be aware of local competitor activity and report all changes to District Manager
- Identify threats and opportunities at a local level and agree key actions with District Manager and Area Operations Manager
- Set clear goals and expectations of the team whilst Managing the Sportsbook
- Communicates key business information to the team and supports District Manager to drive constant improvements
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to lead and motivate when necessary
- Excellent communication and 'people' skills
- A strong commitment to customer service excellance
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a calm and professional manner
- Takes the initiative, and shows confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Ensures high standards, shows initiative, proactivity and professionalism
- Are well presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- Good level of decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as Gambling Commission, health and safety and equality act
- Commercial acumen and good level of business awareness
- The ability to plan, organize and delegate tasks and activities
- The ability to coach and develop others
Top 5 Reasons to Work for William Hill
1.) THE BRAND- William Hill is a worldwide brand that has been operating out of the United States since 2012. With over 82 years as a sportsbook in the UK, William Hill is a household name and one of the top employers in the industry. William Hill has many open positions across Nevada, including Reno and Las Vegas.
2.) THE FUTURE- Currently Nevada is the only state to legalize Sports Betting. That means we are just getting started. We have a business model that has proven to be effective and a team that is eager to showcase their talents. There is no doubt that big things are coming for William Hill in Nevada and throughout the US. In 2017 William Hill will begin its first operation in the state of Iowa!
3.) THE INVESTMENT- That’s how the company views its employees. You are our investment! That is why William Hill offers tuition reimbursement to help provide the advancement of your education, making you our asset. Whether you are covered as a dependent or supporting a family, the benefits at William Hill are a push in the right direction. You will receive full medical benefits, an opportunity to invest in your future, and tons of other employee perks, just for being a part of our team.
4.) THE ENVIRONMENT- We are in the business of sports, a dream job for some people. Our company embraces the chatter and smack talking of your favorite teams. We encourage our colleagues to stay up-to-date on the latest sports news and events. Participation in internal contests can provide some cool opportunities for the sports lover in everyone.
5.) THE TEAM- Our team is making constant improvements to our products and services. What we provide the consumer is unmatched in the Las Vegas market. Sports betting is what we do and the team here is well trained in their craft. We strive to recruit the top talent in each field and we recognize the fresh and unique ideas you have to offer.
This vacancy is closed to applications.