Director of Race Operations
The Director of Race Operations will work diliegently to increase William Hill's horse racing business by growing handle through personal customer relationships including phone calls, mailings, emails, etc. and liaising with the host casino properties. Identify and develop personal relationships with new and first time race patrons. Discover and explore opportunities to maximize profitability with horse racing customers. Be aware of local competitor activity and identify and act upon threats and opportunities after consultation with the VP of Marketing and Public Relations. The Director of Race Operations is responsible for:
- Contacting guests personally and/or send correspondence to invite them to enjoy amenities and/or to special events,
- Communicating constantly with casino operations and other team members,
- Seeks out and responds to to employee and customer feedback, resolve customer concerns/complaints in line with levels of authority, and subsequently remedy root causes.
- Ensures we are offering the best possible horse racing content in a comfortable environment
- Ensures that our Players Card program is serving the needs of horseplayers
- Providing personal service to assigned VIP race patrons, issuing comps based on ratings, as needed
- Promoting offers via telemarketing and other communication
- Delivering a compliant environment with all Gaming Regulations
- Creating and administer handicapping contests and promotions
- Developing special events around major horse races such as Kentucky Derby and Breeders' Cup
- Communicating effectively, cascade relevant information and encourage feedback
- Establishment of effective and professional relationships with all levels of William Hill employees and clients/vendors
- Maintaining relationships between William Hill and external organizations as necessary.
- Promoting a positive image for William Hill within the industry and community
- 5+ years experience in VIP Services, as a Host or in Casino Marketing
- Management experience in the gaming/hospitality
- Experience dealing with multiple customers and customer retention
- Knowledge of horse racing industry preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage relationships
- Ability to identify appropriate business opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage a diverse range of activities and effectlvely prioritize responsibilities
- Frequent travel
- Ability to obtain and/or eligible for Gaming Licenses
Whether you are looking for entry-level, technology, professional, or a management position in the industry, you can develop your skills and your future with a William Hill career.
Top 5 Reasons to Work for William Hill
1.) THE BRAND- William Hill is a worldwide brand that has been operating out of the United States since 2012. With over 82 years as a sportsbook in the UK, William Hill is a household name and one of the top employers in the industry. William Hill has many open positions across Nevada, including Reno and Las Vegas.
2.) THE FUTURE- Currently Nevada is the only state to legalize Sports Betting. That means we are just getting started. We have a business model that has proven to be effective and a team that is eager to showcase their talents. There is no doubt that big things are coming for William Hill in Nevada and throughout the US. In 2017 William Hill will begin its first operation in the state of Iowa!
3.) THE INVESTMENT- That’s how the company views its employees. You are our investment! That is why William Hill offers tuition reimbursement to help provide the advancement of your education, making you our asset. Whether you are covered as a dependent or supporting a family, the benefits at William Hill are a push in the right direction. You will receive full medical benefits, an opportunity to invest in your future, and tons of other employee perks, just for being a part of our team.
4.) THE ENVIRONMENT- We are in the business of sports, a dream job for some people. Our company embraces the chatter and smack talking of your favorite teams. We encourage our colleagues to stay up-to-date on the latest sports news and events. Participation in internal contests can provide some cool opportunities for the sports lover in everyone.
5.) THE TEAM- Our team is making constant improvements to our products and services. What we provide the consumer is unmatched in the Las Vegas market. Sports betting is what we do and the team here is well trained in their craft. We strive to recruit the top talent in each field and we recognize the fresh and unique ideas you have to offer.
This vacancy is closed to applications.